The entry form can be downloaded direct from this website via the link on the left of this page under the 'Juniors Info' heading.
Details of the competition are as follows :-
THE WEST OF SCOTLAND BOYS STROKE PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
CAWDER GOLF CLUB - 16 JULY 2012
The West of Scotland Boys Stroke Play Championship 2011 will be played on the above course and will be decided over 36 holes.
1. The Competition will be open to Amateur golfers (as defined by the R & A) who are in possession of a senior handicap not exceeding 12, certified on the entry form by their match or Club Secretary and who are members of Clubs in Ayrshire, Dumbartonshire, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire and Stirlingshire Areas of the Scottish Golf Union.
2. The Competition will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the R & A and in accordance with the Local Rules of the Club.
3. Glasgow Golf Union Executive to whom all disputes will be referred and whose decision will be final will manage the Competition. The Committee reserve the right to amend the conditions of the Championship.
4. The number of entries will be limited to 81 and the Committee reserve the right to ballot out entries in excess of this figure. All entries are subject to the approval of the Committee who reserve the right to accept or reject any entry without assigning any reason for doing so and may call for the production of a birth certificate of any competitor either before or during the Championship. Entrants must be under the age of 18 on 1st January 2012.
5. Entry forms can be downloaded from our Website www.glasgowgolfunion.com or obtained from your Club Secretary and must be returned not later than 30th June 2012, addressed to M Paterson, 11 Briar Gardens, Glasgow G43 2TF and accompanied by the Entry Fee of £10.00. No late entries or telephone entries will be accepted. The Entry Fee will not be refunded unless intention to scratch is received prior to the making of the draw.
6. The winner shall be the competitor who returns the lowest gross score over 36 holes and shall hold the Trophy for one year. Scratch and Handicap prize vouchers will be awarded to the leading competitors as determined by the Committee.
7. In the event of a tie after 36 holes the Championship shall be decided by ‘sudden death’ play off over hole(s) nominated by the Committee. Ties for other places will be decided by the ‘count back’ system i.e. better 2nd round, last nine, last six etc.
8. Caddies are not allowed.
9. Jeans, trainers, collarless or sleeveless shirts, shell-suits, must not be worn in the Clubhouse or on the Course.
THE WEST OF SCOTLAND BOYS MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
CAWDER GOLF CLUB – 18 & 20 JULY 2012
The qualifiers for the Match Play Championship will be the 16 players with the lowest aggregate scores in the Stroke Play Championship and will play off by Match Play on the above dates.
Prize vouchers will be awarded as determined by the Committee and the winner shall hold the Trophy for one year.
Glasgow Golf Union will manage the Competition. All points are as detailed above for the Stroke Play Championship.