Royal Troon Golf Club, founded in 1878, enjoys a global reputation as one of the top golfing experiences for any golfer.
This long-established and prestigious private members’ club is seeking a highly motivated individual with proven management experience and commercial acumen to develop and enhance the Club facilities for Members, Visitors and Championship event competitors.
The Club continues to host major Championships with the Open being held in 2016, additionally other prestigious events involving lady and gentlemen competitors are hosted by the Club.
The Club now invites applications for the position of Secretary/Manager.
The role will include responsibility for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Overseeing the management & operation of the Club, reporting to the Captain.
- Developing, with the Captain, long-term strategic plans for the Club.
- Motivating and leading direct reports to achieve the Club objectives.
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club’s finance team, preparation and development of budgets and financial plans.
- Ensuring the Club’s service offerings, facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with third parties.
- Health and safety and other legal and regulatory matters.
- Managing media and other external communications
- Providing support for the Club’s marketing strategy
- Strong track record of providing service excellence to members and visitors
- Proven management and administrative capabilities.
- Strong leadership, motivation, diplomacy and communication skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
A competitive package commensurate with experience is on offer to attract the best candidate, who is seeking to embrace a high profile role and advance their career.
To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – email@example.com
or +44 (0) 7764 682018
* Please note ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications – 14 March 2014