ALL THE LATEST NEWS ON AMATEUR GOLF IN AYRSHIRE

Monday, April 13, 2009

GOLF POETRY - web page reflects on links between golf and poetry

Leon White was recently in contact regarding his web page entitled " Golf Course Of Rymes".

Leon wrote :-

"I would like to introduce you to a unique golf blog that I have started that might appeal to your readers. The blog is called “Golf Course of Rhymes” and I use it to share some of what I have learned about the links between golf and poetry. Much of the poetry that I have discovered was written by Scottish golfers before (sometimes well before) 1930. Some of this poetry is included in the posts that I write each week. Examples include some lines by George Fullerton Carnegie (1800-1851) from his famous poem, “The Golfiad.”

My purpose is writing the posts is to entertain but also to provide some opportunities to learn a little about the history of the great game. The URL for my blog is
www.golfpoet.com. I hope your readers will find my blog of interest".

A direct link to "Golf Course Of Rymes" has been added to the Golf Links on the lfet of this page.

No comments: