ALL THE LATEST NEWS ON AMATEUR GOLF IN AYRSHIRE

Friday, August 14, 2009

COLLEGE SPORT USA - Dean Robertson appeals for candidates

The under noted E- Mail has been received from Former European Tour Pro, Dean Robertson :-


"Since my career change in direction from playing on the European Tour to moving into Golf development and Performance Coaching, my vision and drive is to play a leading role in having Scotland re-emerge at the forefront of World Golf.

As a Nation, we have only boasted a single player in the top 150 of the World Rankings for quite some time. We have recently achieved outstanding success at senior amateur level with winning performances in both the Eisenhower Trophy and the European Championships. This however has not translated into the professional ranks.

I am one of many in an initiative to make gains where required in order to make the vision a reality. Talks in many areas are already underway and positive.

I am a great believer that learning is experience and that is what I bring in abundance to the game at all levels.

Experience gained representing Scotland and GB+I was a huge springboard to my success as a Tour Professional and I firmly attribute much of my development to a successful Golf Scholarship within the United States Collegiate Golf Programme.

I recently returned from Cherry Hills CC, Denver, CO where I was head coach to the victorious European Palmer Cup Team against the USA. Mr Arnold Palmer was in attendance for the entire week and the level of play from both teams impressed and highlighted to me the importance that further education in such a programme will play in future development of talented individuals and the game at large. All the participating ‘golfing athletes’ were based around top Universities throughout the US and I had the pleasure of making contact with many of their coaches.

The overriding success factor that such programmes provide is Belief! In Scotland however, we are world champions at telling people what they are doing wrong. In the modern game today, the difference in talent amongst the Worlds top players is miniscule. The difference in Self Belief is huge.

I currently head up the coaching and development for the SJGT (Scottish Junior Golf Tour) and i am working closely with the Swedish Golf Federation and the English Golf Union too. Strides are being made for my coaching skills to be utilised closer to home and as my coaching experience, knowledge and reputation grows it is something I will welcome. There is no Scot more proud to have represented his country than I.

All this bring me round to the main purpose of my e-mail to you. Continuing on from the junior development, I have recently been appointed Golf Development Manager at College Sport USA. We aim to assist talented individuals in fulfilling their golfing and academic potential and welcome the opportunity to present to each player and their family what our comprehensive programme can deliver.

In order to do so I would be extremely grateful if you might assist me in contacting all potential player candidates within your county".




Anyone intersted ? - Dean can be contacted at


info@collegesportusa.com


Kind regards

Dean Robertson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used Lorne Kelly's company www.prodreamusa.com and they provided me with all the help I needed. I thoroughly recommend them.