ALL THE LATEST NEWS ON AMATEUR GOLF IN AYRSHIRE

Sunday, October 23, 2016

SCOTTISH GIRLS' ORDER OF MERIT - Hazel McGarvie wins 2016 national title

Hazel MacGarvie (Troon Ladies) won the 2016 Scottish Girls’ Order Of Merit title with 902 points from four counting events, ahead of Jasmine Mackintosh (Hazlehead) with 834 points and Joanne Free (Gullane) with 759 points.

Following the announcement, McGarvie commented :-

“I am delighted to win the Girls’ Order of Merit especially since I didn't play in many counting events. I think this season has been successful. I really just wanted to do the best I could, bearing in mind I was sitting my Highers, my last one not being until the beginning of June.”

The 17 year-old Marr College pupil’s season included a win in the Scottish Girls Championship and a great performance in the Girls’ Home Internationals when she won all six of her matches.

On her national title win, McGarvie said :-


“I was really pleased to win the Scottish Girls, particularly finishing on three under and then going onto win with an eagle at the par four first. Next year I just want to continue to improve my game.”

No comments: