ALL THE LATEST NEWS ON AMATEUR GOLF IN AYRSHIRE

Thursday, March 19, 2009

EUROPEAN SENIOS TOUR - Drummond 4 strokes behind leader Torrance in Barbados

Ross Drummond from Prestwick shot a three under par first round 69 to lie four behind the leader, Ayrshireman Sam Torrance in the DGM Barbados Open.

Ross Drummond said he was delighted to be contending at the top of the leaderboard alongside his countryman.

He said: “Sam had a great round out there. It was pretty miserable and blustery on my front nine so I was happy just to make the one mistake on my seventh hole when I came up short of the green with a sandwedge and failed to get up and down. I played really well on the way in and managed to find some rhythm. I’m still a bit rusty, I think, but I was delighted with the way I played.”

LEADING FIRST ROUND SCORES

65 (-7) - S Torrance (Sco)
68 (-4) - G Brand (Eng), M Harwood (Aus)
69 (-3) - R Drummond (Sco)
70 (-2) - B Cameron (Eng), A Franco (Par), N Job (Eng), M Poxon (Eng).71 A Murray (Eng), D Cambridge (Jam), D O'Sullivan (Irl), B Lincoln (RSA), G Cali (Ita), B Longmuir (Sco), D Russell (Eng)

No comments: